6.24.2005

Moving Day Eve

What, exactly, is one supposed to call the night before Moving Day? I admit that my title is a stretch, but it's the best I could come up with. Were I feeling particularly creative, I'd write a poem plagiarising "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Something like,

Twas the night before moving and all through the house,
Boxes were stacked with no room for a mouse.
The dishes were wrapped with a whole lot of care,
Especially those wine glasses... none of those will I spare!


But it's late, and I have an early start tomorrow. The guys are showing up around 9, which isn't so bad, but in order for me to be completely ready for them I'll need to be up a couple of hours earlier. Considering my sleeping patterns of late, 7 am is gonna hurt. Big time.

Mom and Dad are picking up Krispy Kreme donuts on their way over here in the morning. That'll be good for the diet, huh? But the guys will love them. They got here around 2:30 this afternoon and were great about helping me pack up the kitchen. My older sister, Beth, got here around 4:30 or so. After dinner at Jim Shaw's Seafood, we took some of the boxes on over to my new place to give me a little bit of breathing room here tonight, as well as to help the guys better be able to move the furniture out the door in the morning. Janet, my new next door neighbor and close Maconite friend (one of the two!), brought us over some snacks and left me my first housewarming gift ... a little potted Lantana! She's so thoughtful.

Alright, I think it's time to try to get some sleep. I won't have a phone line (and therefore Internet access) until sometime Monday, so expect an update no earlier than then. Until that time, please keep me in your prayers!

Signing off for the last time from the neighborhood we affectionately called "The Hood",
miriam

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hope all went well! Am jealous of the multiple trips... Have to move my things in one fell swoop. Don't think it'll be very fell.