10.19.2005

Inflation

Prompted by having two students lose baby teeth today, I asked one of my classes what price they're fetching nowadays from the Tooth Fairy. The general consensus is $20. One kid said that, if he's at his grandparents' house, he gets $50.

Perhaps I should look into stealing my students' lost teeth and selling them in the black market?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Holy freakin FREAKIN cow.

...

...

I am speechless. Puts gas prices in NC to shame.

miriam said...

I might could afford gas if I were an elementary/middle school student in my prime tooth-losing years.

Rebecca said...

Hahaha! You definitely need to get in on the baby teeth-black market scene.

Nellie said...

INCREDIBLE. I like Becca am nearly speechless. I had no idea. I used to think $1 was GOOD. MAN.

MAN.

Carrie said...

Good lord. The tooth fairy never left me anything under my pillow that didn't make noise.