11.10.2005

Disaster comes in threes. (I hope.)

Uh, did someone pick my family up and move them to Baghdad? Or the mountains of Afghanistan? It seems we're under attack.

Not only did I have my nasty wreck on Sunday afternoon, but Beth's beloved dog, Disco, got sick and had to be put to sleep yesterday and my mother slipped on our kitchen floor and busted her lip (2-3 stitches) and broke off her two front teeth this morning.

I'm feeling very shaken up. Emotionally and physically drained.

I got a call from the Liability Claims agent with my insurance this morning during my planning period, and by the time I got off the phone I was so flustered and upset that I was on the verge of tears. I felt like they were trying to trap me into admitting something that didn't happen. The other guy is adamantly accusing me of running a light, so much so that I'm questioning myself. What if I did run it? What if I'm crazy? What if I lied without realizing it in my recorded statement on the phone this morning? Can they take me to jail if they prove that the light was red?

The most distressing part of all of this is the question of my integrity, and that's a pride issue. I hate that people think that I'm lying in order to save my own skin. And I'm scared to death that I'm wrong and actually HAVE been lying this whole time, as everyone will then think it's all been intentional from the beginning.

God is sovereign, even in all this. How? I don't know. But He is.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

He absolutely is. Praying for you (and family - how is your mom doing??). Totally understand the integrity & questioning yourself issue. I've been in a similar situation, w/ a red light in question, and I really wondered for a little bit if I was going crazy. But I don't think I was, and I ended up thinking my read on the situation really was right and accurate. Anyway. Stink. So sorry. Praying.

Janet said...

Stick to your story...I heard the guy that hit you is a drunk and beats his dog...I will be a character witness for you any day...and if they send you to prision I will stay by the side of that pretty blue eyed boy in Florida for you...after all that's what friends are for...keep your chin up! haha

miriam said...

I'll take my chances that I'm not going to prison and keep my "pretty blue-eyed boy in Florida" to myself, if it's all the same to you.

That's right, J. I don't trust you... :)