3.09.2006

Babies-R-Us

I spent $126.72 at Target on Tuesday. What did I get, you ask? Some cool, new electronics to add to the set-up in my apartment? An MP3 player to use at the gym? An entire wardrobe of cheap (though surprisingly stylish) new clothes?

Ah, no. I don't think so.

All of that money was spent on baby gifts for the FOUR showers I have in the month of March. That's not including the cool one of Julie V's from last month. Nope. These are four new ones.

We've also got my best friend, Kelly, whose little baby boy Luke James will be due up near Charlotte on May 1st, and my niece, Anna Claire, who is approx. 8 weeks old. What in the world was happening 9 months ago??? A lovefest that we singles (thankfully) knew nothing about? Apparently so.

Maybe it's just my age. I'm getting on up there, you know, and have long passed the wedding stage. That was 4-5 years ago, when I was fresh out of college and surrounded by idealistic young lovers (ewww, hate that word) who were going down the aisle like they were racing a Kenyan for the trophy in the 50-yd dash. Now they're all having babies. Or two. Or three.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled for them. I just wish my wallet could say the same thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keynan's are long distant runners, so be patient and kick it at the end of the race. dad