How many times have y'all heard me complain about the lack of things to do in Macon? Millions, right? Well, all week long I've been excited because, for once, there's something going on.
Yup, that's right... it's time for this city's annual Cherry Blossom festival, a time to celebrate the trees that are in full bloom all over Macon through nightly outdoor concerts, a carnival (complete with Bengal Tigers!), fireworks, and other various and sundry events. Right up my alley. Bring it on.
Problem is, my body hears "Hey, we've got something to do!!" and it decides to rebel and make sure that the only blossoms I'm seeing are the ones on my bathroom wallpaper*. Friday morning, day one of the Big Event, I wake up with some, uh, digestive issues, which continue through my day at work and get worse once I get home and the body realizes that it's free for the weekend. That's right, folks. I got a stomach virus and ALL that entails. Lovely.
So, instead of enjoying the lovely weather last night at the Eagles Tribute band concert, or munching on pink pancakes with the firemen this morning, or joining the Singles tonight for Mexican food (UGH... don't even MENTION Mexican food), a concert, and fireworks, I've been at home, nursing my ailment and bemoaning its timing.
The good news is I've lost 7 pounds. The bad news is it'll all come back with the first bite of food I take (hopefully) tomorrow.
Thankfully, the festival is a 10-day event, so I'll get in on some of the action later in the week. I'll keep you posted. And, come Friday, it's to the beach for Spring Break! Hurrah!
*My bathroom doesn't really have floweredy wallpaper, but I took a little bit of poetic license. For effect, you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, Miriam, how terrible! That funky stuff has definitely been going around. (Somehow, that's supposed to make you feel better. . .) Anyway, hope you're feeling spunky again very soon! I think Macon needs you!
Um, I think you may have breathed too hard in my direction, Mir. I found myself in, er, similar circumstances all night last night. Fortunately, I am not missing a Cherry Blossom Festival! Will proceed back to bed now... Hope you feel much better soon!
Does it have Yellow Wallpaper?
I always loved that good jazz music came to town with the Festival. Hope you feel better in time for the best stuff. :)
Is the Yellow Wallpaper the one where the lady goes crazy and she sees a woman crawling back behind the wallpaper, and she ends up believing that she's the woman, and her husband finds her creeping along the floor?
Yeah. No yellow wallpaper here. I will never have Yellow Wallpaper. One of the curses of being a Lit major.
That's about my memory of it. Not too sure b/c I couldn't bring myself to go back & read it. creepy.
yup, none for me either.
Post a Comment