6.14.2006

Update

Tidbits of my life of late:
  • Tuesday, June 6. School's out for the summer. Hurray!
  • Wednesday June 7 - Yesterday, June 13. Cal and I hunt for houses in Macon the entire week, barring my Jury Duty stint on Monday. Did I get picked for that Jury Duty? Of course. One of 12 out of 100 people. Just my luck. Sat and listened to the tale of a lady and her daughter who swore up and down that a car accident over 2 years ago injured their necks and lower backs and that they should be compensated. We decided that it was all a big scam and pretty much awarded them nothing. All very interesting, actually, to watch the proceedings of the judicial system. Interesting for one day, that is. Glad I didn't have to be there any longer.
  • Wednesday, June 14. Happy Birthday to me!! I head to Thomasville, then catch a ride with Cal to Florida to help him pack up his house. He's moving Friday. He has very few boxes. I, the Presbyterian, am recruited by Cal, the Baptist, to enter the entire span of liquor stores in the Fort Walton Beach area. Works well, actually, as most of the liquor store managers are skanky, old men, much more willing to bestow their precious boxes upon a young (ahem, 28 IS still young) female than a not-so-young (29 is getting on up there) male. Needless to say, we now have plenty of boxes. Yes sir!
  • Tomorrow will consist of box-packing, and Friday will be filled with loading up the Uhaul truck and driving back to Thomasville.

All in all, a busy couple of weeks. Looking forward to using the rest of my summer to make visits to Asheville. And Charlotte. And Jackson. And Savannah. And anywhere else that might include friends!

Congrats to jras and her new little baby girl, Elena, by the way. I can't wait to meet her!

6 comments:

Bryan Baird said...

So, Athens didn't make it on the list, huh? Hmph.

miriam said...

and Athens!! Of course, Athens!

I figured that could go unsaid. It's just understood that I'll be heading to Athens. Don't you know that?

Janet said...

I am so jealous that you got to have jury duty....man...you have to tell me all about it...

Rebecca said...

29 is NOT getting on up there. It is still SO young.

I will forgive the misstatement, however, if you do come to Asheville to visit. Are you really going to come??? Please do!! (And tell me when you're in Athens! I think I'll be down there in a couple weeks.)

miriam said...

I just got home from being out of town to find a WONDERFULLY bohemian birthday package in my mailbox! Thai tea! What a treat!

Can't wait to sample this taste of Asheville right here in normal ol' Macon. Hurray!

Rebecca said...

I did not even realize it is bohemian. That means it's for real, I guess!! (I think the instructions didn't make much sense, though - is it clear, you can brew it all at once as a whole pitcher of iced tea? That's where the 1 cup of sugar comes in. If you make individual cups of tea, don't add 1 cup of sugar :) But only add the cream and condensed milk to the individual cup. So complicated.)