... I'm back.
How in the world did the summer pass so quickly? Last year, the time off was my chance to shine on this blog thing, as I had no real obligations and tons of adventures to share. This year, I lost my blogging inspiration, for some reason. Maybe I needed the break? I don't know.
I don't want to do the blah "here's what's been happening" blog that I seem to have gotten stuck on lately. I'm racking my brain trying to think of something creative to write about. I can't. Hmph.
School starts back for me Wednesday, and the kids will arrive the Monday following that. Usually this time of year, I'm looking forward to the routine of it all; this year, I'm not so sure. I am ready to get back to eating and working out normally... the summer and its excess has brought with it five pounds for me to carry around everywhere. Ugh.
However, it seems too early to start a new schoolyear. I didn't go see Kelly's new baby! I didn't make it to Jackson to see Meredith! Asheville never happened, although on one of the two trips I did take, I got to see Rebecca in Athens. Savannah remained unvisited, and last year's "Tour of Countries" by way of international restaurants with Beth was thus unrepeated.
You know, though? It's okay. I think maybe I needed a summer off from traveling; I traveled all year long last schoolyear, back and forth to Florida to see Cal. It's been nice being able to stay put in Macon for several weekends in a row. I've gotten several books read, which is a luxury. And how great has it been having Cal here?!? He bought a great house two doors down from me (unplanned, by the way), and we've spent the summer learning how to live so close to each other as he's gotten settled in.
We joke that his living two doors down and working at the same school could either be really good or really bad. Praying for really good. From 320 miles apart to 1/20 of a mile? Quite a transition. We're handling it well, so far, I think.
So, in less than a week I'll be back to the grind. The early waking hour will hurt, for sure, but it'll be nice to see the coworkers and friends that get put aside during the months off of work. I'm grateful for a job where I have this break, and I still don't know how you folks with "real jobs" do it. I'm hoping to stay caught up (and become more creative) with my posts as my life becomes more active in the next month.
For now... back to Regis and Kelly. Rick Springfield is singing "Jesse's Girl"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love regis and kelly :) yea!!! i would have read you sooner but i have been out of town....
i am excited that cal moved down the street :) can't wait to hear what happens...i think i am caught up in you and cal's story. you are a great blogger!
can't wait to hear about school!
Post a Comment