8.10.2006

My summer, in bullet format.

  • Books read: 6
  • Best (or at least most thought-provoking) book read: Blue Like Jazz. I've been wanting to read it for some time, and I'm glad I did. Most of y'all probably read it long ago. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
  • Best purchase: My lilac vintage dress, found while shopping in Athens with Rebecca, who convinced me (so rightly) to buy it. I love it.
  • Most exciting event: Cal moving in down the street.
  • Most fear-inducing event: Cal moving in down the street.
  • Most convenient coincidence: Rebecca's plans to come to Athens on the same weekend that I wanted to go.
  • # of Chick-fil-A Cookies-n-Cream milkshakes consumed: Countless
  • # of gym visits: 3
  • # of pounds gained: 5
  • # of pounds to be lost before Courtney's fun, formal wedding reception on Sept 9: 10 (ha!)
  • Strangest and cheesiest weekend: Yearbook Camp in Atlanta. I'm not lying. 3 days of Yearbook hype. Gag me with a spoon.
  • Churches attended: 6, five of which were in Macon. The search for a Baptist/Presbyterian compromise continues.
  • Trips planned: 7
  • Trips taken: 3, not including those back and forth to Florida and Thomasville while the move was going on at the beginning of the summer. One to Athens, one to Atlanta (for the yearbook camp), and one to Sautee in NE Georgia to visit my grandparents.
  • Regrets: None! I wouldn't have changed a thing!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hurrah! The purple dress! The convenient coincidence of meeting up in Athens! And don't forget the Most Hilarious Spontaneous Entertainment of the summer: our serenade on North Campus, a la Thomas, Bryan, & Oren.

Glad you're back around :)

miriam said...

Oh yes! I DID forget the serenade. What was it they were singing??? Oh yes... Edelweiss! But with different words, no?

Rebecca said...

I can't remember! Just remember that it was a fantastic evening, and a silly song.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I made the list! :) We are so excited to see you in Sept. YIPPEE- And I think I will have to lose weight to fit into the dress... Sitting at a desk is NOT conducive to one's waistline.

Are you commuting to work with Cal? tee hee - Is he coming? And are you going to wear the purple dress to the gala?

Anonymous said...

i am reading blue like jazz right now..on chapter 5. i love it!!! so far i am just so convinced that honesty about your struggles and being real about your experiences with the Lord is THE way to bring others to Himself.

miriam said...

Courtney - Yes, Cal is coming to your "gala", but I will not be wearing the purple dress. It's not quite right for the Tville event of the year! :)

I don't imagine we'll commute to work, as that might be a little overkill. Plus, he's pretty regimented and task-oriented; he'll want to be there at 7, probably, and I'll be cruising into the parking lot at 7:59... one minute early!!