8.22.2006

Re: Watch out, Lance Armstrong.

Yes, I did it. I bought a bike. It's actually this one, although the image above is the factory picture. But it's this model (a Trek 7.2 FX), color, and everything. Mine's been ordered in my correct size and will be here in a week.

I'm excited about it, even though it was a tough decision and a big purchase. What made me finally bite the bullet was realizing last night that the cost of the bike is, more or less, the amount I pay for a year of gym membership, and that doesn't seem so bad. And I hope this bike will last longer than a year.

Assuming, of course, that I have better luck on a bike than I do in a car. Right.

4 comments:

Janet said...

yeah...I am getting one too..but we are still trying to find the one I want in PINK....I know...and I am sure I will get my monogram on the helment!

Anonymous said...

I totally can see you on that bike, mir!!! that is exciting!!! and bec of the cost, you will feel really badly when you don't ride it! :) keep it up, lance!

Anonymous said...

That is VERY exciting!! Congrats on the bike. Definitely NOT my favorite form of excerise but a good one for the joints!

miriam said...

Yeah, I went last night and got a helmet and a chain to lock it up and everything. Just waiting for it to get here...