My classroom at school is very dull. I'm not into the whole stereotypical teacher mentality of "Oh, wow, your bulletin board looks GREAT... can you give me tips on mine?" Some folks go all out; you should see our elementary building, for example. It's a Martha Stewart haven, a veritable -and colorful- feast for the eyes of the young children who spend their days there. It's unbelievable.
My room? Gray concrete walls, with the occasional grammar poster that I picked up on clearance at the school supply store three years ago or when a teacher was getting rid of things.
Except for two things: in my room, I had two very cool artists' renderings of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Not the movie posters, mind you, but colorful and imaginative artwork. I was so excited when I ordered them off the Internet back when I started teaching. The kids love them and always speculate as to which characters each of the drawings represent.
Upon walking into my classroom this morning for the first time since June, however, I noticed immediately that they were gone. Gone! Everything else is right where I left it, including the thumb tacks that were holding the posters up.
I can't imagine the mindset of the person who would walk into someone's classroom and think, "Huh, those are pretty cool pictures, I think I'll take them." Anyway, I was pretty sad about it. Probably irrationally sad. I sent an all points bulletin for them over the school listserv.
Don't worry, I mentioned in my email that I realize and accept my status as a nerd, revealed in my begging for the return of my Lord of the Rings posters. Oh well. If my colleagues didn't know it already, it's time they learn.
So... if any of you come across some cool LotR posters, send them my way, will ya?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will pray for their return and for the thief to feel a healthy dose of good ole' fashion guilt...lol
That is tragic and sad. On so many levels.
Aw, Miriam, that is so sad! I'm sorry!
Post a Comment