In the mall a couple of weeks ago, the Christmas Carols had started. There's a nativity scene and the lights are up in downtown Macon. I read today that Santa is making his appearance at Phipps in Atlanta this week.
Another sign of the season is the way my schedule starts to fill up. Last week, we had our annual Fall trip to Rock Eagle with the 6th graders. This week, I'm chaperoning the Jr. Beta convention here in Macon on Thursday and Friday, followed by a weekend trip to Savannah to meet up with Cal's family for his 30th birthday. Next week, it's Thomasville for Thanksgiving, then 3 days in Destin before heading into the final chaotic weeks of school before Christmas break.
In the last couple of months, the gym guy has been helping me with my workouts. He calls it "training", but that term is a little too I'm-a-Gym-Rat for me, so I just call it "going-to-the-gym-and-getting-free-help-with-scary-weights". He's been frustrated with my absences lately, so he worked me extra hard yesterday, and now I can hardly walk. Trying to prepare this butt for the turkey shock it's gonna get over the next couple of months.
In other news, my eye has completely cleared up under the diligent care of my 67 students, all of whom had to check it closely every day for any sign of change. "Oh, it's better today," they'd say. "Starting to turn a little yellowish, I see." Yeah. I'm glad that's over with, although it was kinda fun while it lasted. I liked best not telling folks what was going on and seeing whether they'd ask or just politely ignore it while trying not to look at me or get too close for fear of catching whatever I might have had.
Anyway, this post has no point. But I thought I'd put it all out there, let folks know what's going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The holidays are upon us here, too. This weekend is the Asheville Christmas Parade... and I get to (have to, more like it) be in it. Wearing a station hoodie and a santa hat!
Am glad your eye is getting better.
Post a Comment