I just received my first Christmas gift, here on December 1. A student gave me a box of chocolates, and the others were immediately drawn to my desk like moths to a flame. I had offers of peppermints, a week of silence, and no bathroom use for a month in exchange for my gift. No thanks! I'll take chocolate (and the pounds that go with it) any day!
It's Friday, and I'm dressed a little more casually today than usual. Not real casual, mind you; I'm in pants (not jeans), and I'm wearing a black sweater. But I've got on tennis shoes, so I feel a little more dressed down. One of my students just commented that I look "homey". Homey? Yes, she said. Like you're sitting at home in front of your television. I wasn't sure how to take that piece of information (do I look like I'm in my pjs?), but she assured me that it was a compliment. Um, okay. Thanks?
The weather has finally turned nice here this afternoon at the end of a rainy, gray week. It's amazing to me how the weather affects my mood! I've been grumpy and irritable and tired the last few days. I'm feeling much nicer today, though, much to my friends' relief. Looking forward to a weekend with beautiful blue skies and nothing to do; I've been out of town the last two weekends and feel like I need to catch up on my sleep.
Yes, I've changed my blog template, but no, not for any reason in particular. I just thought it was time for something new. The adjustment did remove my links and my addictive map, however, so I'm going to go figure out a way to get them back, if possible. Hope y'all are all well.
And happy late birthday to Rebecca!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A shout-out! Thanks, Miriam!!
Mir, I too have been really grumpy lately. The weather gives me BIG mood swings...
Post a Comment