5.12.2007

Consolidation

Let the yard sale begin!

My first Saturday free in a long time, and I woke up ready to go at an early (for me on a free Saturday, at least) 9:00. I immediately set to the task of the weekend, which was/is to purge all of my cabinets of all of my things that I don't want to move to Cal's beautiful house (built in 1921 and fully restored) after our wedding in June. I've done the easy stuff all along; you know, the clothes, the shoes, the bags, etc, that I'm sick of and don't want. Those are easy to stick in a trash bag and take home to Thomasville for my mom and sisters to go through. Today was the day for the junk.

Remember my "office"? If not, let me remind you. It's the little closet that, upon moving in two years ago, I decided would be a perfect place for my desktop computer. And it was... for the month that I used it. However, very soon after my move, I bought my laptop, and the makeshift office (along with the desktop) became obsolete. Did I do the practical thing and move the desk/diploma/computer out so that I'd have a fairly nice-sized closet for my things? No! I left it all in there where it's since been gathering not only dust, but also any sort of junk that came my way. Old bills? Throw them in "the office". Loose stationary cards? Throw them in "the office". Newspapers? "the office". Empty diet coke cans? ... nah, just kidding.

Anyway, you get the point. After a couple of hours of doing what I could on my own, Cal came over and helped with the heavy duty stuff. He got my kitchen table out to my carport where it will stay until someone wants to buy it. He (always the Journalist) went through my old 9/11 newspapers to decide which ones were worth keeping (apparently only the one from 9/12). Finally, he disassembled my old dusty desktop, pulled out my broken down computer desk, threw it in the back of his pickup truck and took it to the dumpster. Yes sir!

So finally, 1 month before my move, I have a wonderful walk-in closet. Who knew my tiny little apartment had so much storage all along?

By the way, would anyone like to buy a kitchen table, a desktop computer, a set of cute blue and yellow dishes, two George Foremans, two toasters, two sets of silverware, a recliner, a desk, some glasses, pots and pans, or a fat fluffy cat named Nicholas*? Let me know...

*Just kidding. Wanted to make sure y'all were paying attention. Nick, though he'll have to be fully outdoors, is staying with me.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I canNOT believe it's only a month away!!

And doesn't consolidation feel good?