10.16.2007

Blood Traitor

I received the following email a few minutes ago from my sister, Julie:

I really want to thank Cal for being such an understanding person by writing on his blog more than once a month. I mean people in Pelham need to do something all day, and I must say Miriam has been very disappointing. If she truly cared about her sister, she would write a blog at least once a week. Notice I am not being unreasonable because i didn't say every day. Anyway, thanks Cal for keeping me posted on life. I really do enjoy your blogs and I do hope your titties never become speed bumps. Julie

And just now, a few seconds later, this response from my husband, Cal:

Julie,
I am very happy to oblige. I, too, am disappointed in your sister's blog output.
I fear that complacency has set in, so I feel obligated to take up her slack ...
Cal


Although I feel it unnecessary to make a rebuttal (as anyone with any class would realize the silliness of these statements), I will oblige for their poor, pitiful sakes.

If you count them, you will realize that I have made 224 posts, to date. Cal, on the other hand, has written 24. Two hundred less than me.

You will notice that many of my posts came close together (namely, those I wrote when I first started blogging), while others were more spread out. Much of this inconsistency is due to the fact that, over the same span of time that I was blogging, I was nurturing a new, long-distance relationship with the man who is now my husband, the very same man who is being so chummy with my sister and her unfounded and unreasonable assertions.

My hours these days are divided between fighting off pillows at night and folding underclothes (that don't belong to me) fresh out of the dryer.

Forgive my lack of time to blog.

And Julie? Perhaps, if you're so bored in Pelham, you can bring my niece up here to visit her aunt. Maybe then I'd be inspired to write more ...

(What up, Anna Claire!! Don't forget me!)

No comments: