1.15.2008

Lowlights

Every so often, as you all know so well by now, I get an itching to do something a little bit crazy to my appearance. 4 years ago (4 years!), this irritation culminated in my getting my hair chopped off to the length of about 1 inch. No kidding. Those folks who knew me then can attest to the fact that it was WAY short. A pixie cut, I think they call it. Anyway, after I got over the initial scariness of it all, I loved it. I felt different, bold, individualized -- a far cry from the long-locked ladies of Bibb County.

Now, though, my hair is all grown out and back to what it was when I left Athens. I've enjoyed it for a while and still love the flexibility that comes with the length, but I'm left, again, feeling mainstream and boring and preppy and blah.

A few months back, I started thinking about doing something with the color of my hair and leaving the length alone. I've speculated on everything from going totally brunette to two-toned to doing nothing at all. I finally made an appointment with Tommy (my wonderful and undeniably gay hairdresser) and it's coming up on Thursday. Still no idea what I'll do, and I might stick with my usual.

But wouldn't a change be fun?

I realize it's cliche to post pictures of celebrities, but it's all I've got. Something like SJP's color below is what I'm currently thinking. Not too far from where I am now, but not so boringly blond, either. Suggestions?


2 comments:

Janet said...

Let Tommy lead you....he's never wrong!

Rebecca said...

Miriam, you are amazing. (And Janet, I agree!)