5.08.2008

A new hobby

While Cal's been monitoring the progress of our baby birds on the front porch, I've been closely tending to my new plants. I do believe that I was just as excited about seeing baby tomatoes (currently, four) on my tomato bush the other day as he was about finding little blue eggs in our fern. I've also got 9 sunflowers growing from seed in our backyard, and I dug up the scraggly azaleas that couldn't take the full sun of our front, replanted them in the shady back, and replaced them with some hardier breeds. I'm getting a bit obsessed, I admit. First thing I do when I get home from work is head to the backyard and water my garden. Pictures of the new front (although most of you never saw the old), tomatoes, and sunflowers below; I'll include ones of my perennial bed once it starts to bloom (fingers crossed!) this summer.

New foundation plants: yews, dwarf pittosporum, and cleyera

My most exciting prospects yet ... (tomato sandwiches! fresh pasta sauce! hurray!)

Nine baby sunflowers, staked and ready for summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to hear about your gardening. Isn't it fun?

Rebecca said...

I am SO impressed, Miriam.

Anonymous said...

what's new?