6.23.2005

As soon as ...

... I get up tomorrow, I'll pack those boxes. Yes, I'm just getting home and it's 12:30 am. Went to the Shamrock (a little Irish pub) with some folks after Bible Study, then met up with some others for Trivia at El Azteca. That's right: Irish and Mexican all in one evening! It's so funny how my social life seems to work in Macon. One night, I celebrate my birthday with only two friends, and the next night I have to split myself between two different groups. Very strange. I guess that none of them are close enough friends for me to initiate an event, but I'm acquainted enough with them that, if I'm around when they're planning something, I'll be included. When does the time come when I move from one category to the other, more exclusive? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I hope it's coming soon.

The good news is that, after lots of pressure and guilt and begging at Bible Study tonight, I've come up with four guys who are going to help me move on Saturday morning. I sure hope they show up. I think that two of them at least are pretty reliable. And one of those might be able to get me a truck for free, which would mean that I could cancel the U-Haul rental! Nice. Added bonus: the truck guy works for a cabinet company and moves furniture for a living. Definitely an answer to prayer.

Okay, I'm gonna go eat a Weight Watchers Fudge bar and hopefully get a second wind. Boxes are ready and waiting for me to fill them!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely to have you back! I'm only a few steps behind you and RR in the moving game. Best of luck packing.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the movers. If you have those boxes all filled when they show up, I'm sure they'll have you moved in no time flat.

miriam said...

Boxes are EVERYWHERE, and filling quickly.