We had such a great group of students that we were traveling with; all of the MTW missionaries commented on how amazing they were. No one complained, no one whined, no one fought. God answers prayers! This picture above was taken right after our team (all but four shown here) unloaded this flatbed truck of its former cargo: over 30 tons of 60 lb. cement blocks, all of which had to go up to the second floor of this school that was under construction. And it was on my birthday! hah! So now I'm back, and it's moving time. I've spent the last two days over at my new place painting the kitchen a really pretty dark blue color, and it's 100% better than it was. It had some hideous border on it with fruit ... those of you who know me well know that I was NOT settling for fruit on my walls! The border is now gone, thanks to mom's miracle mixture of Downy fabric softener and water that took the adhesive right off. Go Mom!
We got home from the Atlanta airport around 3 am Sunday morning, and, after a quick Sunday of rest, I went to Athens Monday night for a going-away party for Rebecca, who's moving to Asheville. We all met at Mellow Mushroom in remembrance of our past Friday night ritual of winding down the week together eating pizza, having a beer, and acting goofy all around. We snapped this shot before we left.

I got home yesterday after lunch at the Bombay Cafe (yum!) with Bryan (the redhead in the front of the picture above) and started painting. My sister Amy helped, so it went much quicker. Last night, I went out to a local Italian restaurant with Elizabeth and Charlie to celebrate my birthday with them. Then, this morning, it was back to painting! I'm heading over to Bible Study now, then I MUST get started on the boxes as soon as I get back.
"As soon as" ... I've heard that before! Don't worry, Dad, it'll get done. It always does.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you came!!! Hope the moving goes well... (I'm right behind you, in a week.)
Is there a Planet Bombay in Macon? I love the cheesy Indian music videos.
Hello, Anson! Is there really such a thing as a Planet Bombay anywhere? or are you being funny? hmmm. Can't tell on this thing. Love Indian food, though. i hear there's a good place in Macon, but I don't know anyone here who eats it. Do you?
Sorry we didn't get to chat at Bible Study last night. You left quickly!
oh wait oh wait, I think I get it, Anson. Bombay Cafe = Hard Rock Cafe. Planet Bombay = Planet Hollywood? Shut up. It's late. I've had a rough week. I don't even know what I'm saying
Post a Comment