8.19.2005

Come Thou fount of every blessing!

I love my job. I mean, I really love it. It's taken me so long to admit that, and it's still a little embarrassing, but it's the truth.

This morning, after waking up feeling not quite in top form, I got to school for our third and final day of pre-planning. On the past two mornings, we've started out with a devotional given by one of the administrative staff, but this morning, we met in the auditorium for a time of praise and worship. I stood there, along with 125 or so other faculty members, singing Holy Holy Holy and Crown Him with Many Crowns and several other favorite hymns, and I was overwhelmed with the blessings that God has provided in my life. As much as I complain about Macon, this job is a highlight. I realize that it's rare to find one where I'm working so closely with so many other fellow Believers, each with a common goal of instilling a love for Christ in the hearts of the children that we teach.

God is good. He's watched over me as I've traveled this summer, He's encouraged me with new friendships and future possibilities, and He's brought me back at the end of the summer to a job where I can worship Him freely and boldly. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Nellie said...

Beautiful. I praise Him with you for it all.

Carrie said...

Awesome. So good to hear of rejoicing.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Isn't it great to be in a school where you worship with your co-workers? That was one of the coolest things about FCS. (my old job)
Hey, I think I'll be in Macon Tuesday night. Do your kids start on Monday? If so, I'm sure you'll be exhausted even Tuesday but I'd love to at least stop by to say hi or something!