Every now and then, whenever there's been some major world crisis, my school will raise money to help out by having folks pay $1 to "dress down" on a particular Friday. It works really well; kids can wear regular (school-appropriate) t-shirts instead of their usual restrictions of only those that are FPD or church/Christian, they don't have to tuck anything in, and they can wear baseball caps. The best part of these days, of course, is that teachers can wear jeans and t-shirts, too, which is usually not allowed.
Today we're raising money to donate to the Red Cross for the victims for Hurricane Katrina. The theme of the for the day is College Team t-shirts. I'm in my Georgia shirt (Go Dawgs!), untucked, with jeans and sneakers.
Something I've discovered through these rare days is that I'm a much better teacher when I'm comfortable. I'm happier, and I'm more energetic. Then again, I'm testing today and therefore could, quite possibly, supervise my classes while I blog on the side for the entirety of the next 4 hours. So maybe that's more of the reason for my improved mood and energy levels than the jeans? hmmm...
My dress down outfit, apparently, is not helping me fulfill my last week's resolution to be the world's cutest teacher. I just saw Janet at our pep rally (between 2nd and 3rd periods; how can THAT be good for keeping the kids focused for the day on their work?), and the first thing she said to me was, "You aren't wearing THAT to go see Cal tonight, are you?"
Ah well. Bubble was bound to be burst at some point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know you look cute...but I was just trying to help the man out...you know get you to put your sassy clothes on...the ones that make you soooo pretty...better yet...keep on the jeans and tshirt...I have a feeling you won't need any help being attracted to one another...the 5 hour distance of speration has accomplished that:)
Have fun!
Post a Comment