Ok patient blog readers, this one's for you. I've not posted anything substantial in, what, two weeks or so? Trust me, I've wanted to. However, I haven't had anything to write about! I can't tell you how many times I've sat in front of this screen and stared at its blankness, trying to come up with something clever or witty or, gosh, merely readable. Nothing. Completely nothing.
Today, though, I am willing myself past this blogger's block. Even now, I have no idea what I'll write about. It might be a commentary on something that's happened in my life during the last few days, or it may be a rundown of my plans for the weekend. Who knows? We'll see...
The reason I haven't blogged is because, now that work has started back up, my life has recaptured some of its comfortable and necessary routine. I say some because, of course, Cal's (very nice and welcome) presence in my life has added an element of adventure and sponteneity into my days that wasn't there before. I'm prepared to travel long distances (317 miles, one-way, actually) at the drop of a hat on weekends, if our schedules happen to match up. I'm willing to stay up an hour or two past my once-normal bedtime of 10 pm (yeah, I'm ancient) to write emails or, if I'm lucky, get to talk to him briefly if he happens to get off work before midnight. That only happens once every two weeks or so, and I'm usually too sleepy to form coherent sentences at that time of night anyway. The weekends when we're not together are times to talk, and talk we do. What did folks do before email and unlimited free weekends?
Anyway, this is not going to be a blog about Cal. Already is, I realize. But the rest won't be.
The every-day routine that I'm not blogging about lately is this: I get up about 6:45 (after I've pushed the snooze button twice), get to work by 7:50 or so, home by 4, at the gym (on Mon/Tues/Thurs or Fri) by 4:15, back home by 5:30, dinner, then whatever is on the agenda for the evening.
On Monday nights, I have rehearsal for this new ladies' ensemble for church. I'm real excited; it's nine of us (and in a HUGE church, I'm flattered that I'm included), ranging in ages from 25 to 31. It's mostly all girls from my Sunday School class (the Couples one; remember, I'm rebellious?), so they're friends of mine already, and we have lots of fun. We'll be singing at the FPC night service on Oct 30, and, hopefully, one Sunday morning soon after that. Singing on Sunday morning at stuffy First Pres! What an honor! (also a bit intimidating.)
Tuesday nights and Thursday nights are usually pretty open, although they fill up quickly with having supper with Elizabeth or going over to a friend's house to watch television or something. On Thursday of this week, I went shopping for new Fall clothes since the ones I have are all 2 or 3 sizes too big. Hurrah! (not hurrah for my bank account. Seriously strained with new clothes purchases and long distance relationship during National Gas Crisis.)
Wednesdays are full, starting with a faculty devotional before school, which is, actually, more like a weekly faculty meeting that they call a "mandatory devotional". It's a little suspicious, ethically, in my opinion. But whatever. Wednesday night church starts with supper at 5:15, then rehearsal at 5:45: Elizabeth and I are helping our pastor, Chip Miller, lead the music on Wednesday nights! It's so much fun... he's playing his guitar (what? at First Pres?!?) and we're singing. All kinds of fun RUF stuff, along with some trad. hymns and a few newer, but theologically sound, praise songs. I've even played my flute a little the past two weeks there. It's making me feel much more a part of a church that was once so cold and distant to me. People there know me, now, and that's a nice feeling.
Weekends are either full of exhausting travel to pressure-filled visits with Cal (pressure that we're trying to alleviate) or catching up with Elizabeth. I've missed being away from her! I'm here, though, for 4 weeks straight, and then, after a visit to Fort Walton Beach on Oct 22, 4 weeks more. Then perhaps a visit to Athens? With my new guy? Hope to see some of y'all... we have tickets for the Kentucky game, just trying to work out scheduling details.
Well, this blog is LONG and BORING. But, perhaps, it has gotten me past the blogging wall. And, if it hasn't, you now know exactly what I'm doing at any particular moment during the week! Lucky you.
I miss y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good to hear from you! Glad life is treating you well. :)
Love it, the schedule de Miriam. Am impressed you have made Macon fun. Miriam the Amazing. And how great, you are getting to sing!! Am jealous. Let me know when you're in Athens (dunno when the Kentucky weekend is) - have a friend who wants to go to a game, so could try to get tickets and meet up with y'all - ??
Athens, if it happens, will be Nov 19th. It's all very up-in-the-air, etc. It's Cal's busy season, covering high school football and all. He might not be able to get off.
I'm hopeful, though! Would love to see y'all...
What does Cal do? Is he in the news industry? You may have said before, but I think I forgot.
Cal is a sportswriter. It's funny, whenever I'm down there visiting him and I see someone reading the sports section of his paper, I always feel kinda like I'm with a celebrity.
Yeah. Have I told y'all I've become a cheeseball?
Post a Comment