Today at work, I got the daily announcement email and was skimming through it, barely paying attention, as usual. UNTIL... I came across this one:
Students in grades 6 – 12th grades can now sign up to audition for the Talent Show. You must sign up in the office and be able to audition the week of October 24th – 28th. The Grand Prize winner will receive $100.00 in cash and there will be cash prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well.
The show will be Monday, November 14th with WMAZ meteorologist Ben Jones as the guest emcee.
ARE YOU FPD’S MOST TALENTED?????
OH. MY. GOSH.
I hesitated to post this, for fear of sounding as though my loyalty to World's Most Amazing And Handsome Boyfriend, Cal, is wavering. It's not, in any remote way. However, I couldn't NOT post it. This topic was made for blogging about!
Janet, my friend and fellow FPD teacher, is calling dibs on him (fine with me, I'm happily taken), but I did tell her that she had to let me get my picture with him first before she captured him with her beauty and charm.
For the blog, of course. Merely for the blog.
(Postscript: Interesting to note, upon revisting the post from 3 months ago that I referenced above, how the new and exciting presence of A Boy (capitalized) in my life has completely wiped out the obsession with boys (lower case) that I was experiencing then, only a week or so before Cal first re-established contact between us. Funny how quickly things can change, huh?)
11 comments:
he is sooo cute...but his eyes have nothing on that Florida boy that fancies you....owwww!
I agree, Janet. Absolutely NO comparison!
Janet, I'm so glad you said "fancies." It has to be one of my favorite words, in the right context. One time a boy told me he fancied me, and it was just great. I mean, I didn't fancy him back, so it wasn't really great for him, but now I can tell the story about the time someone said, "But Rebecca, I've come to fancy you." (You have to read that in a British accent.)
Oh, Rebecca. Your poor Richard. skinny, white, British Richard.
I've been told that in a British accent, too. Somehow, though, the accent (as great as it is) just isn't enough. I think you'd agree?
I would certainly agree. Oh it's tempting and definitely quite nice, but not everything you need, you know?
Something made me think of Richard the other day - I wonder if anyone's talked to him lately? Wonderful, skinny, pale Richard, bemoaning the insufficiencies of American tea and Southern weather.
I will just have to tell the weather boy up front...hey my friend is taken (after all you are sooo pretty) and let him know that I would be the kind of wife that he could take on his arm to all the weatherman parties and banquets....what if one day he ends up on THE WEATHER CHANNEL....How great would that be? I would be a kept woman--haha
You are SO in, J. I mean, how could he resist? I'll back up your claims. After all, you ARE in the Junior League.
RICHARD!!!!!
My only real memories of Richard are that he walked everywhere (one time, Meredith and I picked him up along the Atlanta Hwy or some such busy road to take him to the grocery store to get milk) and sitting next to him at a UGA baseball game (with Mere on the other side), trying to explain to him the ins and outs of the game while he drank tea from a thermos and ate "biscuits" (aka, cookies) that he had brought from England. "It's teatime!" he said.
Strange bird, that one. Even for a Brit!
I had no idea Richard made his way to a football game - I can't even picture it.
BUT I just realized we have found the missing link between Miriam and Nellie. It's Richard. You both know him, you both love him, you both think he's an odd bird.
It was a baseball game, not a football game. Not much easier to imagine, though.
I never said I loved Richard. That was your job...
HA!
Post a Comment