10.11.2005

Tidbits

This morning at 7:50 while I was walking up to the school from the parking lot, one of my hyperactive students came bounding out of the building to show me a sign about swim team practice. He got about 3 feet from me, stopped suddenly, and exclaimed with a look of dismay, "You look pale!" He then dashed off in the other direction.

********************************************************************************
In other news, I cleaned out my closet last night.

# of winter clothes that I pulled out because they were too big to even consider keeping: 27

# of winter clothes recently bought to replace said big ones: 3

Good stuff, unless you're living on a teacher's salary.

*********************************************************************************
In other other news, I had a dream last night that I was going to Nashville to visit Julie and decided to stop in Asheville to visit Nellie and go to Brian Habig's church.

Problem 1: Julie lives in Greenwood, SC, not Nashville.
Problem 2: Nashville is not near Asheville.
Problem 3: Nellie (and Habig's church) is not in Asheville.
Problem 4: I don't actually know Nellie.

Rebecca was at church with Nellie and me (Rebecca actually does live in Asheville). I lost my purse.

Problem 5, the biggest of them all: The purse that I lost was red and white toile with a red ribbon strap. I know I've lived in Macon too long when I can even conjure up a dream that I have a red and white toile purse with a red ribbon strap. Ugh. It's time to move.

(funny that my dream about Habig's church and Nellie's posting of the above link on her blog coincides. no, I had not read that article before I dreamed about visiting there. interesting.)

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was going to be offended that you came anywhere to visit Nellie and not me, but then I got to the part about the toile and am now laughing uncontrollably. Oh please Miriam nevernevernever carry a purse of that description in your life. If you do, I'll drive all the way through Nashville and Asheville to find you and intervene. The fact that it was stolen, though, indicates to me that your subconscious knows what an offense that item of nonfashion would be against everything sensible and bohemian in life. (They wouldn't have let you into Asheville with it, anyway...)

Janet said...

So sorry you lost your purse...

No need to worry I will make you another one of your very own and get your monogram on it....ahh haaaa....welcome to Macon my pretty....

Great purse idea...Guess I am a true Maconite...I have been here
9 1/2 years ...ah home sweet home...

I hear we need a new swim team coach...with your new body you may be interested in applying:)

miriam said...

Riiiiiight.

Swimsuit + Miriam + Public Meet in front of all of the world = NEVER gonna happen, regardless of how "new" my body is.

Monogramming. Ugh. The bane of my Macon existence.

Janet said...

The
mTm is sooo pretty

Rebecca said...

I liked Janet until she brought up this monogramming stuff. (Janet, I like you anyway, but please stop influencing my friend in such frightening ways. No monogramming! No, no, no!!)

Janet said...

No need to worry...she has held strong and does you all proud and has nothing monogrammed...she fights the pressure well...she is a trooper!

Nellie said...

I'm honored that I made your dream!!! Also find it a little freaky that you dreamed about Brian Habig and the church and I posted the link on the same night. I mean, really. That is freaky.

Carrie said...

Miriam, re-sell your old clothes @ a consignment store or vintage store that will give you a few dollars for each piece. This is what I did this year @ Cillie's in downtown Athens.

miriam said...

Uh, Vintage store in Macon? Yeah, right.

:)

Janet said...

Don't let her fool you we have consignment shops in Macon...we don't call them vintage shops because Maconites are preppie...Macon is not as bad as Miriam says...talking trash about it just gives her something to blog about. haha

miriam said...

Clarification: we have consignment shops here, but it's stuff like Goodwill and Salvation Army, etc, that take donations but don't BUY clothes.

Right? Are there some that will buy clothes, Janet?

Anonymous said...

BAD news, I REALLY, REALLY do have you a pair of sterling earrings monogrammed for Christmas. Yes, I knew before I did it, that you would croak, but OH WELL! Janet, they don't have the pretty mTm look, only the M that Miriam hates just as much! I love you, Miriam!

Janet said...

they would buy your clothes because you dress SOOOOOO pretty