I've written 14 thank-you notes to students for gifts given to me for Christmas, and I have 29 more to go. I'm discovering that there's only so much you can say about how much you loved the fudge and the cookies and the chex mix and the sugared pecans and the homemade cinnamon bread and the caramel candy and the 32 holiday-scented candles and the 12 ornaments (usually snowmen, angels, or gingerbread men holding apples that say "I love my Teacher") and the 13 different flavors of lotion or bath salts from Bath and Body Works.
It's a blessing and a curse, this teacher gig. Gifts galore, but the appreciation afterwards is a bear.
On the bright side, I will never ever again in my lifetime have to buy an ornament to fill up my tree or a bottle of lotion to make me smell good. I think I'm set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You write thank you notes...man you are nice....
I am jealous of the fudge and cookies and chex mix and sugared pecans. That's a gig I'd stick with, if I were you...
(On a side note: my ex-boss's wife runs a one-day-a-week school for homeschooled kids in Asheville, and wants me to think about teaching a couple English classes in the fall. How funny is that??)
Post a Comment