2.23.2006

I am a sheep.

Inspired by recent posts from my fellow blogger friends in which tidbits of daily life are provided:

1) I think that I have a friend reminiscent of Rebecca's Mellow Mushroom tea boy at my local Moe's. I'm a bit of a regular there because it's about 1/4 of a mile from my house. Tonight after going to the gym, I stopped by there to pick up my regular, and, once I got home, I realized that the dude had not only given me chips to last a year, but I had gotten my dollop of sour cream for free and TWO stamps on my Moe's punchcard. Welcome to Moe's for real!*

2) I overheard one of my female students ask a male student today if "Miss Terry" was his favorite teacher. His answer? "HECK yes!" Not, yeah; not I dunno, but HECK yes. Watch out, Mr. Kitchell**. I'm coming from behind.

3) I like Dancing with the Stars. So sue me.

4) The singles from church are going out tomorrow night for Mexican and a movie. We're meeting at 5:30 at the restaurant. Um, could someone please tell whomever is in charge that one of the biggest benefits of being single is that you don't have to start a Friday night early in order to get home in time to put the kids to bed? I mean, 5:30?? Really?

5) Spin classes go right next to the Elliptical machine in my list of "Things at the gym that are from the Devil". The gym itself, by the way, is at the top of my more general list of "Things from the Devil".

*Cal, you're cute, but can you offer me a Moo Moo Mr. Cow with all the extras at no additional charge and double stamps on my punchcard? How can anyone, even you with your "I love babies" attitude, compete?
**Mr. Kitchell is the charming, blue-eyed Geography teacher down the hall. He gets away with murder at the flash of a smile. All the kids' favorite teacher, by far. His room before and after school resembles an Athens bar on the Saturday night after a big UGA football game, crowded with smelly people all having a grand time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Fantastic, Mir. Thanks for the glimpse. Love that you're in with the Moe's guy (I love Moe's!). Double-love (and much-appreciate) the student compliment; that would keep me going for days. I do have to disagree on the elliptical trainer, though - it's the only workout machine I like. If I were to join a gym (I won't, because I am utterly convinced they are from the devil), that machine would be the only reason why.

Rebecca said...

And you are not a sheep.