4.20.2006

mTm

The following is an exact replica of an email I just received, sent to the listserv at my school:
Subject: Monogrammed Clogs, Sandals, and other Funstuff

Tomorrow there will be Monogrammed Clogs, Sandals, Shebeads, purses, baby bags, laundry bags, head bands, ponytail holders, etc. in the Elementary Teachers' Lounge for your viewing if anyone is interested.
Can't wait. Love me some monogrammed "Funstuff".

(Yes, that's sarcasm. No, I haven't succumbed to Macon's Biggest and Most Annoying Fad. Yes, I'm still quite the rebellious prep school teacher. HA! Right.)

3 comments:

Nellie said...

I'm not necessarily against ALL things monogrammed, but those monogrammed clogs are AWFUL. I've seen 'em around here on a few folks and haven't once thought "now THAT looks good". I mean, really, do we need to have our initials on EVERYTHING? Especially in pink and green and black, which seem to be the preferred monogramming colors.

Janet said...

haha....i thought of you as soon as I got the email...how funny! jSl loves it ALL!!! The only fear I have about a serios relationship is that I would have to get everything that I love re-monogrammed....ohhh is the expense worth it...I have the beach bag, beach towel, purse, stationary, briefcase, tote, small purse, cosmetic bag, travel mug, dish towel, pillow, and the list goes on and on.....I gave into it so long ago..well I am off to the teachers lounge to get more--i think I will get the ponytail holder!! haha

Anonymous said...

i can't believe they can monogram a tiny ponytail holder.
ahh, macon! they love their initials! ;)
(i got a diaper bag with an initial remember??)