10.26.2007

Preggers (not me, thank goodness.)

There must be something in the water.

At this particular minute, 13 of my friends are pregnant. It might be more than that, but that's the number I came up with right off the top of my head. 13. And I'm not talking 13 acquaintances. Nope, these are all either pretty close friends or family. 8 (EIGHT) of them are in my Sunday school class, which is not very big. 2 of them are my best friends from my childhood days (including Kelly with another little boy... Hurray!) 1 is the wife of a good friend from my childhood days. 1 is the dear Julie V., in whose basement I used to live when I first moved to Macon. She now lives in Jackson, MS with her family of currently 3 little girls. Wonder if they have a boy in store?

The 13th? My sister, Amy, and her husband, Matt. She's having a boy, which is totally and absolutely a shocker for the entire family. A boy! In the Terry family!

If you don't know us, you won't understand. You see, we're a family of girls. Four girls, to be exact, and five if you count my mother. We have one baby amongst us, and she is, predictably, a girl. (What up, Anna Claire!) When we found out Amy was pregnant back in late June, we assumed hers would be, too. I mean, what else would it be? A boy? Ha!! Yeah, right.

But we were wrong. I think that my mother is still unconvinced. Apparently, she keeps asking Amy and Matt if the doctor was absolutely positive, if there was some room for debate. Apparently, there was not.

You can imagine that we are thrilled with the possibilities that lie in front of us. The color blue! and trucks! and little soldier men! and baseball bats/gloves/balls! Tools! And (most exciting for me, who always secretly wanted to play with them) Transformers!

The due date is early March, along with the rest of my circle of friends.

Can't wait to meet you, Little Baby Casper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Boys are so much fun! Can't wait to meet baby boy Casper!

Something is definitely in the water, I counted about 15 friends also close to me that are pregnant. Who's next?!