6.25.2008
Take Two
Following my Aunt Marylu's advice from my previous post, I decided to start again with a new tomato plant today. Following my uncle's advice (the reigning King of Roses in the Rose City -- Thomasville), I planted it in a bag of cow manure. His description of what would come of it (and I quote): unFRIGGINGbelievable. Sounds good to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is quite an investment. You might have to get your twin math majors to figure out the cost per tomato...not counting the cost of gas getting the required supplies. Perhaps it would be best to forget the cost and enjoy the great harvest
I figure with the ridiculous prices of the NASTY, tasteless tomatoes at Kroger, even if I can just get 2 or 3 good ones out of this plant I'll have broken even. If not? I'd rather not know and, like you said, savor the harvest. Anyway, isn't a homegrown tomato priceless, really?
Can't beat a homegrown tomato, especially on a sandwich! Makes me want to plant one but I haven't been too successful in the past.
That's a funny picture. I bet Hal Farnsworth would be able to turn it into a metaphor on the Christian life.
You have to let us know if this works.
Post a Comment