8.25.2005

Another first in my teaching career.

Thursday morning, and the school week's almost over.

The highlight?

Being able to answer the boyfriend question (the one most important to 11-year-old girls) with a tentative affirmative.

Of course, with 11-year-olds, it's a yes or a no. Either you have a boyfriend or you don't. None of this he-lives-in-Florida-and-I've-only-technically-been-with-him-once-even-though-we've-been-talking-a-LOT-for-a-month-so-I-don't-REALLY-know thing. But with the way things are going, I feel confident that it's more of a yes than a no, and, plus, it's a more fun response.

Hurrah!

5 comments:

miriam said...

Blog girls, I'm disappointed in you. I -finally- have someone that I've now very very publically referred to as a boyfriend (after 3+ years of singleton status! and y'all know how hard the word "boyfriend" -- previously referred to as "the b-word" -- usually is for me!), and not ONE comment has been made.

Abandonment. That's what I feel.

Rebecca said...

Am in shock and amazement. Utterly speechless.

miriam said...

haha, thanks for indulging...

Nellie said...

Miriam, I HAVE failed you. And I have no excuse. I was thinking thoughts of great happiness for you, but for some reason I never typed them. But I am excited and happy and it sounds like such a wonderful thing (and the boy is hot, too!) So, YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Anonymous said...

hehe, and middle schoolers are the ones who "go out" without ever going anywhere... they should understand a little bit!