8.30.2005

The Friendliest Flowers

So why did no one ever tell me, Miss I-Don't-Want-a-Boyfriend, that I've been missing out?

I got flowers sent to me at work today. Daisies, actually. For no particular reason! I feel like I'm one step closer to being Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail. And this is a big step. I mean, that IS my favorite scene in the movie, ya know.

Sigh. I get to see him this weekend. Yes, I'm gushing. No, I'm not sorry.

I've become everything that I hate: a cheeseball romantic who loves publicly getting flowers and cries at sappy movies.

And, strangely enough, that's okay by me.

10 comments:

Nellie said...

Ohhhhhh!! That is WONDERFUL!! You're making me a little jealous, you know. But mostly, I'm just really happy for you. I'm smiling actually. Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you!

Carrie said...

How the mighty have fallen! ;)

miriam said...

shut up.

Rebecca said...

Hehe hehe

Anonymous said...

woot!
kids say anything?

miriam said...

Of course! They loved it.

The other day we were talking about hurricanes, and I mentioned that the guy I'm dating lives in Florida. A quiet boy in the front row raised his hand about five minutes later, and I thought he was going to ask some brilliant question on the profundity (sp?) of my lesson. Instead, he said very seriously, "How do you date a guy if he lives in Florida?"

Good question, Buddy. If you figure it out, please let me know.

Carrie said...

RR, I know that "hehe hehe" far too well to let it slide unanswered.

For now, at any rate.

Janet said...

You were never fooling me I knew you were a hopeless romantic since I met you..the problem was not with the romance you were recieving it was with the ones giving it out...now that Caaaaallllll is in the picture...the flowers smell sweeter, the poetry is nicer, and the birds sing better....is it spring in the air...no it is.......like

Carrie said...

Good lord, this is a full-fledged 1950's MGM musical happening, right here on Miriam's blog.

miriam said...

Well, I DO love the musicals, ya know.