I've just completed the most challenging task that I've faced all week. What is that task, you ask? Getting the little wedges out of my grapefruit with a tablespoon. A tablespoon that's on the large end, as far as tablespoons go. (Which begs another question: Can tablespoons, a unit of measurement, be different sizes? Hmmm. beside the point.) And why did I attempt this task? Because, as many of you know, I'm not exactly Hazel, the World's Best Housekeeper, and I haven't run my dishwasher in a longer amount of time than I'm prepared to admit. So, the cute little teaspoons, so appropriate for picking wedges out of grapefruits, are all dirty and unavailable for my use.
At least I'm not re-using the dirty teaspoons. So shut up with the "oh my gosh, how can you live in those conditions?" comments. You've been there, too; I dare you to tell me you haven't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
By the way, dishes are now cleaned. Must get to putting those away... hmmm. yes. Maybe later.
I've asked that tablespoon-as-utensil v. tablespoon-as-measurement question before, myself.
Miriam, you need some grapefruit spoons.
they make grapefruit knives even, for slicing the sections...
Post a Comment