Therefore, I find myself at a bit of a loss. I have spent the last 2 weeks in Florida (with a weekend trip up to Thomasville to see our folks on Christmas), and I want more than ever to gush and glow and regale you with tales-you-don't-really-care-to-hear about how wonderful it is to be in love. But, holding true to my promise, I won't.
Suffice it to say that our time together brought an exciting reality to our relationship, one that has been elusive given the distance between us and the rarity of our visits together. Cal was a great host, and I never once felt unwelcome, even though I know there were times when he would've loved a minute or two to himself. He never let on to that, though, and he still claims that he loved having me there.
Plus, he showed me where the library was, and, well, we know from my last post what that did for my morale! :)
Today I'm back in Thomasville, and it's time to celebrate Christmas with my family, albeit a week or so late. Beth and my brother-in-law both work on Christmas, so we wait to open gifts, etc, until they get home. We're all here (including Amy's dog Indie and Beth's HUGE German Shepherd Maverick, plus my two cats), which is a very rare occasion, and it's nice.
The two brothers-by-marriage have gone hunting quail this morning and Dad's at work, so we're back down to the original four sisters and my mother. And little baby Anna Claire, who appears to be about to burst with a vengeance out of Julie's pregnant belly. This will be our last Christmas without kids, our last one where none of us are mothers or aunts or grandparents. It's kind of bittersweet; very reminiscent of the Christmas right before Julie got married when it was just us and we all still bore the Terry name. This mention here is the first it's been brought up, but I know we're all thinking it, all wanting to treasure this time before things change (for the better!) for all of us.
So, I'm off to enjoy some family time. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year!
1 comment:
How bittersweet! Y'all -are- in the midst of change as a family. I hope this is a really good holiday for all of you, a good one for you to remember. (And yes, enjoy the opportunity to sleep in and email in pajamas until noon.)
Post a Comment