Even as nice and generous as folks have been, the ideas in this article are oh so VERY tempting at this point.
Plans are going well, for those of you who are curious. I've had one very nice shower here in Macon that Elizabeth successfully talked me through ("Start opening the gifts now, Miriam, while you don't have so much attention," or "Do you need a break? Feel free to walk around and take a breather," or -whispered in my ear- "So-and-so is leaving; they gave you the silver napkin dispenser."), and we've got a couples party in Thomasville Saturday night. Invitations have been sent; dresses have been bought (I found mine at the first place we looked; it took 3 sets of bridesmaids' ones, however, before we settled on the final decision for them); cakes, bands, and flowers have been booked. All left to do now is the program (which is such a scary thought I keep putting it off) and waiting. The waiting, I think, is the hardest.
I must give all credit to my mother, as this wedding stuff really, truly isn't my thing. She's been patient through all my whiny questions, the latest being, "Do I have to use a hokey wedding book to record all of my gifts?" and "Can't I just wear jeans to the shower like I normally do?" The answers: Yes and No, respectively. Sigh.
Elopement sounds WONDERFUL. But a wedding it'll be, and I know I'll be glad for it once the time comes. And what a wedding! You'll see!
If it'll ever just get here ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"What a wedding it will be!" I love it. Can't wait. Although I read that article, and the escape to Italy sounds fantastic, too, I must admit . . . Can you do both?? :)
and it will be wonderful and you will be SOOOO pretty! They 2 months after you will start having nightmares that you have not gotten marreid yet and then you will wake up in a cold sweat and see your husband laying next to you and remember ohhh yeah....my nightmare of planning is over...it is (insert engaged friends name here)that is still in the middle of the wedding planning nightmare.
YEAH...we are excited for you!
the wedding will come and go so quickly..and a year will be even quicker...just enjoy one another. enjoy this time...and remember how it all transpires. :)
Post a Comment