I've been in Fort Walton for almost a week now, and, with Cal's less-than-ideal Internet situation (he's got dial-up on an OLD computer), I've felt completely and utterly cut off from the rest of the world. Cal's at work during the afternoons and nights, and I've been amazed at how my lack of a social life has eaten away at me! I've been to the mall, I've been to the outlets in Destin, I went to a movie last night, I've cooked, I've been busy. I just haven't had my friends (in person or on blogs) and I've missed it terribly.
So this morning, I woke up with a wonderful thought. The library! Surely Fort Walton has a library! So the moment I saw Cal, I asked him where it is. He looked at me with a bit of confusion at the newfound excitement in my eyes ("She's this worked up about a library?" he probably thought. "What a nerd!"), but before he left for work he showed me where it was.
So here I am now, giddily typing away to my friends out in the world that DOES exist, I'm happy to know. And I've just stumbled upon the find of the week: the Friends of the Library book sale going on right under my nose! I purchased 8 books for $6.89. Yes! I think the lady thought I was weird for being so thrilled at the prospect of an average of less than $1 per book.
I told her I was an English teacher. She just looked at me and nodded like she cared.
All is right in the world again. I have my books. I have my Internet. I have my library.
(In other news, I fixed my stopped up toilet today. Quite an embarrassing situation. But I fixed it after 24 hours of having to sneak into Cal's master bathroom to use his when he wasn't home, or either wait until we left to go to a restaurant or something. I am the world's cutest, classiest plumber. Sans the butt crack.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute, Classy, Well-read, and Handy. What else could a woman want to be??
Post a Comment