I just pretended like I did. Elizabeth and I both pretended, that is.
We accepted an offer to housesit for a colleague of mine. I say housesit, but I should probably say mansionsit. This colleague and her husband live out on the lucrative Lake Tobesofkee in a house whose master bathroom is bigger than my whole apartment. Heck, its master shower is bigger than my whole apartment. You think I'm kidding. You think wrong.
We each took a suite of rooms in the downstairs "basement", which includes two suites (two bedrooms with views of the lake and a bathroom in each), a HUGE common room with an L-shaped cushy suede couch, a bigger-than-big-screen television (with dvd/vcr/stereo combo, of course) a kitchen, a pool table, and a computer/office area. This is just the basement, mind you.
Elizabeth and I each had busy weekends planned, but we did get to watch Walk the Line on the tv (Johnny Cash was life-size, by the way) and catch some sun on the dock Saturday morning. We even opted to skip Sunday School Sunday morning (gasp!) in order to truly make our extravagant vacation feel real. We felt like we were reliving our Vegas weekend that took place this time last year. Alas... we were only 2 miles off of Eisenhower Parkway, one of the busiest roads in Macon. Oh well.
In other, more exotic news...
Tonight, I attempted my very first Yoga class, much to my anti-yoga mother's dismay, I'm sure. She's been warning me for months that I'll just be opening my mind up to all sorts of demons and satanic forces by trying "that new age stuff". Well, I hope I can put her mind at ease somewhat by telling her that this class was different from most. There was no new age music, no clearing our minds, no deep breathing.
Nope, this was Groove Yoga ("basic yoga moves set to rockin music"). It was me, another girl my age who had never done yoga before, and a 28-year-old teacher who happened to be about 7 months pregnant. I LOVED it. LOVED it. This is only the second thing I can say that about with this gym thing, the first being my Monday/Friday night "Buttz and Gutz" class (yes, spelled with z's.)
Anyway, Groove Yoga is only scheduled for 2 more weeks after this one, unless the other class member and I can convince the gym folks to keep it on. Maybe we can recruit more folks for next week. Next month's new class? "Shake your Assets". Ha! Again, not kidding.
Speaking of things Asian (yoga and such), I just watched a bit of The Amazing Race. I've never seen it before, but these folks were in Thailand, and two of the guys were eating fried crickets and grasshoppers. Gross.
Also, my best childhood friend (Kelly) and her husband (Daniel) had their first little baby, Luke James, last Friday night. Congratulations to them! (by the way, Kelly's brother used to live in Thailand. How's that for connecting it all together?)
1 comment:
I am so trying out for the Amazing Race in January. Not even kidding.
Post a Comment