5.18.2006

The whole "pride cometh before a fall" issue again.

Yeah, so apparently my fame is too widespread after my run-in with the radio business this morning. The United States Government found me this afternoon with a jury summons. When do I report? My very first, official day of summer, June-the-stinkin'-12th. My birthday week. 9 am.

Shut up.

5 comments:

Janet said...

I AM SOOOOO jealous....I want jury duty SOOOO bad and have been a registered voter since 6 months before I was 18 and have voted in EVERY primary and general election...and not ONCE have they called me for duty...quite bragging!

If you want out just say....HE DID IT...HE'S GUILTY!

Nellie said...

No. WAY. I got my first jury summons this week, too! I have to report on June 5th. SO not excited. And it means someone is going to have to cover me at work and it's going to cause quite a big reshuffling ordeal. Very crappy. I mean, I want to fulfill my civic duty and everything, but does it have to be right now?

Anonymous said...

my mom got summoned for jury duty for around the same dates... but fortunately called & told them she had to go see her first grandchild. they postponed for her.
wonder if it'd work for you?

miriam said...

Yeah, they might wonder about my credibility as a juror if I, an almost-28-year-old called and said I had to go see my first grandchild.

Ha!

You're due soon, right? In the next week or two?

Anonymous said...

due jun 1... impatiently waiting, though i shouldn't be since this might be our last free weekend!