12.07.2005

Marry me now, Cal...

... for I am the perfect woman.

6:30 am -- Alarm clock forces me from warm, cozy bed.

7:45 am -- Arrive at work on time for Wednesday morning Faculty Devotional at school

8:00 am-3:45 pm -- Full day's work teaching hormonal, awkward 12-year-olds the joys of reading, writing, and studying the Bible.

3:45-4:15 pm -- Trip to grocery store, where I save untold amounts of money as a Kroger Plus shopper.

4:30 pm -- Return movies on time to Blockbuster. Rent a new movie that includes Russell Crowe, boxing, and history (could it be less of a chick flick?).

4:45 pm -- Arrive at gym for an hour of working out. Cardio and Weights. Must fit into the "Little Black Dress" for company Christmas party in Florida next weekend.

5:45 pm -- Arrive back home. Cook and eat supper.

6:30-7 pm -- Bake two batches of cookies (!) for faculty Christmas party tomorrow night.

7 pm until... -- Kitchen cleaned; blogging, and ready to settle in on cozy couch to watch boy flick in comfortable pjs.

All of this, I should note, done with laryngitis (makes impossible to nag).

Um, would someone please tell me why I'm 27 and still single? Seems to me that I am quite a catch.

(I verify that the above schedule is completely and absolutely true, with no exaggerations or modifications that would make the subject seem more perfect than she really, honestly is.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it snowing when you walked those four miles to school in the freezing cold this morning? ...
Impressive, Miriam.
Very blessed, I am.

Rebecca said...

Wow, Mir, you -are- perfect. I can only observe and learn by example. (Which is clearly not happening, as current sitting-in-robe in front of computer can only mean I'll be at least 10 minutes late to work this morning. No devotional.)

Janet said...

Cal it was snowing on her 4 mile walk to school but she was ok since she had knitted herself a new scarf and mittens the night before out of the cat hair she spun into yarn the day before that.

Martha Stewart has nothing on this girl

Rebecca said...

Cat hair scarf??! I don't know if that is highly resourceful or just plain scary...

miriam said...

Yeah, poor Nick has been cold since I shaved his thick coat. I'm warm, though, and that's what matters.

bradleyj said...

hmmmm....you got up for work, stopped by the grocery and video store, worked out, cooked and ate, watched a movie and went to bed.

impressive, really.

miriam said...

and baked cookies! and had laryngitis!

Grrrr...