Because he's a sportswriter, Cal's kind of a local celebrity down in Ft. Walton Beach. He's been on the radio a few times, namely this morning show with two radio personalities, Scratch and Lauri.
Apparently, one of the running jokes between the three of them (and all of their listeners) is that Lauri, a married woman with two kids, has a huge "Mrs. Robinson"-like crush on Cal. For Christmas, the Daily News sent over to her a poster-sized, autographed picture of him. Pretty funny.
Anyway, since he's leaving town to move up to Macon, Scratch and Lauri had him on as a guest DJ for a couple of hours this morning. I've been wanting a recording of when he's been on the radio, but Cal has insisted time and time again that he doesn't know how to get me one.
So... I emailed Scratch. And guess what?!? They read my email on the air this morning! I'm famous! I got an email back from Lauri a few minutes ago, and they're going to send me some mp3 files of the morning's broadcast. Hurray! Maybe I'll post some of it here, if it's not copywrited.
In the meantime, I'll gladly accept cash or personal check for the autographs that I know you're wanting.
HAHA!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cool. And way to be resourceful!
Post a Comment