My husband loves pillows. I mean, he really, really loves pillows.
At night, when he sleeps, he encases himself in a sarcophagus of feathers. He has one under his head, one on top of his forehead (to block out light, he says), one propped up on the left side of his face, and one on the right. He keeps one at his side, as well, and each time he turns over, he swipes the side pillow up under his body to the other side. My unproven theory is that he spends more time arranging his pillows than he does sleeping.
I decided I'd try it. I got one extra pillow --one besides the single one that I rest my head on-- and put it at my side to snuggle up against during the night. I've done this for two nights now.
This morning, I asked my usual, "Did you sleep okay?" when the alarm clock went off and we were getting up. Cal's response?
"Eeeehhh... not really." When prompted further, very matter-of-factly and without a trace of irony in his voice, he continued,
"That pillow of yours kept jabbing me in the side."
Seriously?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You've got to be kidding!!! I want to know YOUR response.
Just make sure he leaves room to snuggle with YOU! This is Meredith, by the way - I will be "Anonymous" from now on. But I've figured out the posting!!!
Post a Comment