7.02.2005

Motorcycle Mama

#1 Thing I learned tonight: How to hang on tightly to a cute boy on a really cool motorcycle as it's going 75 mph down Riverside Drive in Macon.

Woohoo! That's right, I have done it. I have thrown all of Mom's scare stories (about my then-teenage aunt getting a burn on her leg as a result of riding on a motorcycle) out the window. I have had my first ride and LOVED it. So fun. Went out with my friend John David to a fun dinner at the local seafood place. Turns out, he's just bought himself a 25th birthday present ... a new motorcycle! He brought it to my place to show me, we went in my car to dinner, then we came back here for me to grab some jeans before taking it out for a spin. I realize it's dangerous (Mom, Beth, etc), we were careful, yada yada yada. Regardless, it was a great Saturday night out in Macon with a fun friend.

And I feel REALLY cool.

4 comments:

miriam said...

Yep, I wore a helmet. You think I would get on one of those things without it? I was scared to death! Not that I let him know that, of course...

He wore his dirtbike helmet, and I wore his motorcycle one. hehe. And the hair did GREAT. Who knew I had great motorcycle hair? Surely that impressed him, if nothing else. I mean, really.

Carrie said...

Miriam. You are my idol. And role model. Motorcycles scare me out of my wits.

Anonymous said...

Please be careful -- bad things happen to people on motorcycles, believe me. And you will never know how bad...

Rebecca said...

Holy freakin cow. FREAKIN cow. You have so many cool points now. Way more than me, if that was ever in question. Am very impressed, Miriam. Very impressed.