7.09.2005

Oh Y did I sign up?

I am currently in the middle of the Y-Club Summer Blast from Hell. That's correct. The most boring weekend of my life, in process now. Chaperoning some FPD kids at Mercer. Staying in a dorm room, although I'm only 10 minutes away from my comfortable bed. Misery.

Help me, Someone. Please.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ugh, I'm with you Miriam. Best of luck in making in through the weekend - you're almost there!

Anonymous said...

Miriam -- I'm soo sorry! I used to work for them & they used to be great (at least from the kid point of view, I think advisors are always bored). Wish I was there to make it more fun.

miriam said...

Yeah, it seems to be a good program. A girl I teach with grew up in Y-Club and loved it, so she's the one who's getting us a charter. I think the kids'll like it. And, hey, if it produces cool people like Jenny-the-coolest-girl-I-know, then I'm all for it.

Anonymous said...

hey who's the girl you teach with that grew up in it?

miriam said...

Janet Stacy. She was district secretary and all kinds of stuff. She's a few years older than I am, though, so she may have been before your time. oh oh! But she was also on college alumni staff. Did you know her?

miriam said...

Write about what? Y-club? or being Technological? Or you being technological?

Welcome, Mere!