7.31.2005

The Best Laid Plans

Funny how things don't always work out how you think they will. Remember how I was so worked up earlier in the week about having too many things to do on a Saturday night? The two festivals and all? Well, Elizabeth and I decided to do neither, instead having seafood at Jim Shaw's on the porch in the flooding rain and, afterwards, a chick flick. Couldn't have asked for a better time. Perhaps the key was just knowing that there were options?

Posting some pictures from our fun weekend. The first is last night at Cafe Intermezzo in Atlanta, and the next is from tonight at Jim Shaw's. Yes, the second one is scarily close and bright and shiny... Elizabeth took it herself!



9 comments:

Nellie said...

Miriam, it strikes me that you may have the funnest life of all of us. I mean, we all have good lives, but you have FUN. You say that Macon doesn't have much, but you are, my dear, managing to do a whole heck of a lot. These trips, these lost friends re-connected, boys in Vegas, even amusing car accidents. I mean, really. I'm starting to feel a little jealous. I want to have something fun to say and some fun pictures. But lately there's been zippo. Anyway, all this to say, that I think you're cool and fun and thanks for sharing your joi de vive (did I spell that right?) with all of us. It's good stuff. And maybe I'll get to meet you and your fun self for real one day. . . .

miriam said...

Wow, what a great compliment! Thanks! I must confess, though, that this blog makes my life seem SO much more interesting than it really is. As I was telling a friend the other day, it's just because I only write about things when it's something fun to write about. And it's summer, so of course I'm out doing and seeing and traveling. But, come 3 weeks from now when I'm back at work, the blog will be boring. Plus, you don't see me discussing the MULITITUDE of summer days where I sleep till 10, watch Dr. Phil and The Price is Right, do laundry, take a nap, eat leftovers standing at my sink ... boring, lazy stuff. So I think your admiration, though appreciated, is unwarranted.

And I think we might have met at Redeemer once or twice. But not since you've become such a fun friend of mine!

Wish I could fill y'all in on the latest story from my lunch today, but I think it's best left off of the public domain. Funny stuff.

Rebecca said...

Okay, so at first I'm feeling minorly offended and more-than-minorly competitive, wanting MY life to be the most fun. (ha, ha) But Nellie, you're right - Miriam's got travels (multiple), weekend events (multiple), boys (multiple)... You win, Mir. But can I get the prize for bizzarest life? I really think I'm in the runnings for that one. And I think, in it's own way, strange-and-bizarre translates to some pretty good fun.

And Miriam, I'm so glad that you, also, eat leftovers standing at your sink. You can know now that, many miles north, there is a friend probably standing at her sink while you stand at yours, eating her reheated pasta from two nights ago.

And I really, really can't believe y'all don't in-person know each other! That kinda wierds me out...

Rebecca said...

Ahem. Call and tell me about the lunch story.

miriam said...

Sent y'all the lunch story over email.

And can I clarify one thing? I don't have "multiple boys". I haven't had a real date (which translates to one with a guy who likes me as anything other than "one of the guys" or a "buddy") in over a year. Period. I'm starting to realize that I'm somehow portraying myself as a boy-crazy player, with more suiters than I know what to do with. Nothing could be further from the truth. Honest. Now. Can we move on? Seriously. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

We can absolutely move on. I apologize for the comment! I really just wanted to put multiple behind everything. You are not a boy-crazy player, Miriam! Nothing of the sort, and no one think so - but you are our beautiful friend, and we love hearing about your life, the crazy-fun parts AND the everyday normal parts.

miriam said...

Don't apologize! I didn't mean that to come across as harsh sounding as it did. my turn to say sorry!

And, Rebecca, you get the "Most Adventurous and Brave and Bold" award for picking up and moving to a strange, new city for a fun, new job and, hopefully, a GREAT, new life. All since we've been doing this blog thing. Impressive. I'd take that over "fun" any day. Not that being fun is a bad thing, mind you...

Rebecca said...

Okay, okay. I'll settle for that, no problem. Thanks! :)

Carrie said...

Boy-Crazy Playa is Miriam's rapper name.